Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sweet home Iowa

Yes, I'm home. Yes, I'm overwhelmed. Yes, I'm elated. Nearly eight months on the road with no structure, no plan, no routine, no place to call home, no familiar faces -- it's made being in the place I know best feel like I'm living a different life.

I currently have no plans other than spending quality time with the most important thing in the world to me -- my family and friends (including all the great new ones I've met along the way). I feel like my priorities are in the right place, and I'm in no rush to take off again. Home is where my heart is. Although, the unknown still excites me just as it always has, and the future at this point is definitely unknown. With no job, no car, and no money, it will be interesting to see how I land on my feet and what new ideas I hit the ground running with. With a great tale to tell and a new outlook on life, I'm certain I will continue to live with the same curiousity and passion for this life as I always have.

I haven't stopped smiling since I surprised my family by showing up a few days ago. My head, however, is in a million places thinking of what just happened in the past, how to spend the present, and what to look forward to in the future. I've only been back a few days and am trying to do everything at once and see everyone. Please know I'll be around for a while and will be in touch with you as my mind settles.

Unless anyone wants to read about my daily life in Iowa, I think this will likely be the final post. Although, a lot of what I learned this year will be realized now that I am home and have time to digest the events of 2007. Thank you so much for following along with my journey.

I plan to write my first book about this last year of my life. It will be nothing like the blog. It will include new perspectives, new material, and a deeper meaning of all of this. I hope you will be reading it in the near future.

If you want to get in touch with me, please...

email me at:
brian.triplett@gmail.com

call me at:
c 563.940.2053
h 563.391.4738

write to:
1335 W. 57th St.
Davenport, Iowa 52806

Thanks again for being part of my trip of a lifetime.

-brian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back. It was great talking to you for The Rock Island Argus story. Good luck with your book.

Unknown said...

i actually kind of want hear about your daily life in iowa...